A Couple of Shows BEFORE Boston Calling Festival

At the beginning of the month, I went to see hardcore bands Touche Amore (opening) and Turnstile (headlining) at the Paradise in Boston. I've been a huge fan of Touche Amore for awhile now, so whenever I see them on a bill, I try to go. Their latest album, "Stage Four" (which came out a couple of years ago now) is one of my favorites and I think I've seen them at least 3 times since its release. I checked out Turnstile (who just put out an awesome album a couple of months ago) have been kicking around the scene for a few years and their set did not disappoint. Every song was fast-paced and kicked you in the ears. Their set lasted for about 55 minutes and you were tired afterwards. They blasted through a lot of their new songs, off the album "Time and Space." Touche Amore filled their set with a variety of songs and sounded great as their tour was winding down.


  1. ~
    Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video

Turnstile- 



At the end of that week, I headed back down to Boston to see the incredible instrumental/rock band This Will Destroy You at Brighton Music Hall. They played their albums "Young Mountain" (10th anniversary) and "Self Titled" front to back, back to back. It was sonically loud and sounded amazing live. I had not seen them live before and they did not disappoint. They didn't talk to the crowd. Just played the songs, each one going into the next one, perfectly. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)