3 Shows Back-to-back-to-Back

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got to see Manchester Orchestra, since the last time they played at the House of Blues in Boston back in 2014. That show is a blur to me, but I know it was incredible. Their new album, "A Black Mile to the Surface" is probably my second favorite album of the year (right behind Brand New's stunning album "Science Fiction"). It's an album I've played on repeat since it came out this summer. I was dying to see them translate these songs to their live show and they did not disappoint. Opening with the first 3 songs from the album and from their, just blowing it all out of the water.

I liked seeing Foxing (a band I've seen open for The World is a Beautiful Place...) as well as Tigers Jaw, whom I've also seen previously.


  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. Encore:
  17. Play Video

Tigers Jaw-- 



Foxing--


.............................................................................
The next night, Sunday, I went to the Sinclair to see Touche Amore headline a show that featured quite a mix of their songs from each album. 


The next night, I was back in Boston to see Pinback, in what I can only consider a rather disappointing show, which does not happen often for me, but something just seemed off. They were touring to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their great album "Autumn of Seraphs," but they struggled with sound at the beginning of their set and never really seemed to recover, playing through the motions. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)