The End of Summer, Beginning of Fall Concerts

All right, I've some catching up to do since I saw Pearl Jam at Fenway Park at the beginning of August. Since then, I've seen a few shows, traveled to and from Minnesota, started school, and begun looking for a house to purchase.

First up, I went to see the early 1990s alternative band, Belly, who broke up after their less than successful and commercial sophomore album, unfortunately, because their music was great and years later still stands up strong. Although out of the break-up, we were graced with Tany Donnelly's successful solo career. Being from Boston, they really played well in front of the hometown crowd.


  1. Set 1
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Set 2
  14. Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Play Video
  19. Play Video
  20. Play Video
  21. Play Video
  22. Encore:
..................................................................
Then, I traveled to Minnesota (for the second time this summer), to visit the girl I'd met online back in February. We'd talked every day since that chance encounter and I believed we owed it to ourselves to meet in person and at least see if things were as good as they seemed once we were together. When I visited her at the end of June, things went really well and I ended up staying an extra 4 days, since I'd driven there and didn't have a set schedule, but honestly, it was because I really didn't want to leave. Then, I came back and taught summer school for a month, but before I'd even left for home, we had decided that I'd come back to Minnesota as soon as summer school was over. The second time I flew and was expecting to stay for 10 days. We spent the weekend together at a softball tournament with her family and things seemed to pick up where we left them, but then, when she went back to work that Monday, things became quite different and there seemed to be unnecessary tension. I ended up leaving Wednesday, instead of the following Monday. We spoke for a few days once I returned. I was hoping for an explanation perhaps as to why things seemed so different with us, but she didn't really offer an explanation. And then, she just completely stopped talking to me and it's been difficult moving on without that sense of closure or at least knowing what's going on with her. 

Anyway, once I came back, I went to see Prophets of Rage (which is Rage Against the Machine with Chuck D and B-Real providing vocals). It was a decent show. 


  1. DJ Lord Intro
    Play Video
  2. (Public Enemy cover)
    Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. (Public Enemy cover)
    Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. (Cypress Hill cover)
    Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. (Bruce Springsteen cover) (with Aaron Bruno)
    Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. (Public Enemy cover)
    Play Video
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Play Video
  19. Play Video
......................................................................
As summer came to a close, I went to see the newest Les Claypool side project, titled Claypool/Lennon Delirium, a band he created with Sean Lennon. A band that seems to really be influenced heavily by the early Pink Floyd, psychedelic rock-era of the '60s, as well as some Beatles. This was an incredible experience, and I got to attend with my uncle, who is an incredibly knowledgable music fan, like myself. 


......................................................................
And my first show of the new school year was Anthony Green, who quickly became my favorite singer/songwriter of the 2000s and 2010s with his frontman gigs in Circa Survive and Saosin, as well as his plentiful solo albums. This time he was playing a solo show in support of his new album  "Pixie Queen" which is fantastic. He seems to enjoy starting his tours in Boston, because this was the opening night of his tour and the energy was awesome. 


...............................................................................
And finally, to be caught up, this week, I traveled down to Boston to see Jenny Lewis celebrate the 10th anniversary of her debut solo album with the Watson Twins "Rabbit Fur Coat." They played the album in its entirety at this beautiful, old theatre in Boston's theatre district, The Wang Theatre. Then, her second set included a variety of songs with some covers. It was a great evening! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)