METRIC live on St. Patrick's Day

This past Thursday was St. Patrick's Day and I had foolishly scheduled myself to take the GREs on Friday morning, completely forgetting it was St. Patrick's Day and the fact that I was going to a concert in Boston the night before. But that has never stopped me from having a great time and enjoying life. In fact, my school days the day after a concert and getting only 4 hours of sleep are usually my best, most relaxed days. So, I headed to Boston after school and saw one of my favorite bands that I've been following since their inception- Metric. The singer, Emily Haines, has an incredible and soothing voice. Their songs and sound are awesome and I've seen them a couple of times before, so I knew I had to see them for their latest album "Pagans in Vegas" (even though I haven't physically or electronically bought an album in a few years now, luckily there's been multiple ways to listen to music and I have found my own place on Spotify.

Metric did not disappoint at all. It was an amazing set with a great variety from their catalogue of albums.


  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. (Acapella Snippet)
    Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. (Acoustic, with choir)
    Play Video
  10. (Instrumental snippet)
    Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. (Snippet)
    Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Play Video
  19. Encore:
  20. Play Video
  21. Play Video
  22. (Acoustic)
    Play Video
Their opening band was pretty decent as well and seemed to have quite a following- Joywave. They reminded me of Joy Division and The Killers. They are definitely worth checking out. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)