Concerts of 2015 Review (The Year of Live Music)

It's no surprise for anyone who reads/follows this blog to see that 2015 was the year of concerts for me. Well, to be honest, the past few years of been all about live music and enjoying the moment of excitement when I purchase the ticket to a show, followed by the anticipation of the show, since it's usually a couple months later. I've been keeping track of the concerts I go to on this blog for a few years, not to brag, but as a way to remember (myself) whom I've seen, what they played, etc.

A few years ago I had an epiphany that I would say "yes" more creating memories that I will look back at and enjoy telling stories about. For me, that means going to concerts. Sure, I could probably spend my hard-earned money on some trip(s), and that's not to say that I won't, if the urge strikes me. There has always been something inside of me that awakens and just makes me extremely happy when I go to a concert, when I see the band or artist come on stage, when the first notes are struck. I get lost in the music, in the experience, and for those two or three hours, I feel amazing. Perhaps it's because I wish I had a small amount of musical talent that I could share with others and so I am living vicariously through whomever is on stage.

As I reflect on my past year, 2015, I cannot help but think how blessed and grateful I am to be able to live the life I want, the life that makes me extremely happy.

Look at all the concerts I had the privilege of experiencing (and for anyone who's counting-- I went to 61 shows!!!)

List of Shows/Concerts I Went to in 2015

Cruel Hand (Port City) 1-31
Swans (Port City) 2-17
Juliana Hatfield Three (Port City) 2-26
Murder By Death (Paradise) 2-27
Real Estate (Port City) 6-23
Zella Day (Port City) 6-24
Cibo Matto (Port City) 6-30
Foo Fighters (Fenway) 7-19
Interpol (State Theatre) 7-20
The Decemberists/Lady Lamb (State Theatre) 7-29
Desaparecidos (Port City) 8-2
Father John Misty (State Theatre) 8-3
Tune-Yards (Port City) 8-5
Beach House (State Theatre) 8-18
Lady Lamb the Beekeeper/Cuddle Magic (Port City) 3-13
Matt and Kim (State Theatre) 4-11
Between the Buried and Me (Port City) 4-18
Meg Myers (Port City) 5-13
Silverstein (Port City) 5-19
The Contortionist (Port City) 5-26
Death Cab for Cutie/The Antlers (State Theatre) 9-28
Modest Mouse/Hop Along (Cross Insurance) 10-20
Nikki Lane (Port City) 11-4
Minus the Bear/Murder By Death (Paradise) 10-11
Matt Pond PA/Laura Stevenson (Middle East) 11-19
Beatles Night (State Theatre) 11-29
Fogcutters Big Band Syndrome (State Theatre)12-11
Coheed and Cambria (State Theatre) 6-17
Sleater Kinney (House of Blues) 2-22
Taking Back Sunday (House of Blues) 3-26
The Airborne Toxic Event (Paradise) 3-15
Conor Oberst/Larkin Poe/Lady Lamb (House of Blues) 6-5
Lana Del Ray/Grimes (Xfinity Center) 6-9
Best Coast/Bully (Paradise) 6-12
Kacey Musgraves (Maine State Pier) 7-16
Ingrid Michaelson/Jukebox the Ghost (State Theatre) 6-28
Taylor Swift/Vance Joy/Haim (Gillette Stadium) 7-24
Veruca Salt (Paradise) 7-30
Grace Potter/Lake Street Dive (Thompson’s Point) 8-1
Faith No More/Refused (Blue Hills Bank Pavilion) 8-4
Zella Day (Sinclair) 8-24
ZZ Ward (Royale) 9-13
The Airborne Toxic Event (Orpheum Theatre) 9-25
Built to Spill (Asylum) 9-28
Coeur de Pirate/Sophie Auster (Brighton Music Hall) 10-21
Circa Survive/RX Bandits (House of Blues) 10-25
Grace Potter (Orpheum Theatre) 10-31
Amy Schumer (Cross Insurance Arena) 11-7
Carly Rae Jepsen (Paradise) 11-10
Puscifer (Orpheum Theatre) 11-12
Between the Buried and Me (House of Blues) 12-12
Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds (Brighton Music Hall) 12-10
Grace Potter (Capitol Center for the Arts) 12-8
The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die/Foxing (Sinclair) 12-6
Delta Rae/Penny and Sparrow (Longfellow) 12-4
Colleen Green/Cassie Smith (3S Artspace) 12-27
The Ghost of Paul Revere/Lady Lamb/ The Ballroom Thieves (State Theatre) 12-31
Cuddle Magic (free in the park)
Dawes (free at L.L. Bean)
Trombone Shorty (free at L.L. Bean)
Lake Street Dive (free at L.L. Bean)

Here's my 2016 forecast at the moment, too:

Wilco
Caspian/Defeater/O'Brother
Neko Case
Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds
Lake Street Dive
Basia Bulat
Puscifer
Ra Ra Riot
Silverstein
Wolf Alice
2 nights of Murder By Death
Rachel Platten
Colleen Green/Defeater

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)