Albums of the Year for 2015

Albums of the Year-- circa 2015--

It's no secret that I love going to concerts or discovering new music and this year was another staple in great live experiences. I have not bought an actual album in a few years, opting more towards the free streaming service of Spotify to discover and listen to my music (as well as my trusty, albeit out-of-date iPod).

For me, this year was the year of the woman (although my list definitely has some men within it). I was supremely impressed with the women I've loved for years or just happened to discover. I cannot possibly attempt to rate the albums on a scale from bottom to top and give them a number. Instead, I simply offer up my suggestions here.

Torres- Sprinter




Colleen Green- I Want to Grow Up




Kacey Musgraves- Pageant Material 




Grimes- Art Angel




Chrvches- Every Open Eye




Lana Del Ray- Honeymoon




Sleater Kinney- No Cities to Love




Joanna Newsom- Diver




Coeur de Pirate- Roses




Courtney Barrett- Sometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit




Bjork- Vulnicra




Carly Rae Jepsen- E-MO-TION




Miley Cyrus and the Dead Petz- 




Meg Myers- Sorry



Lady Lamb- After




Grace Potter- Midnight




Zella Day- Kicker




Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds- The Weather Below




Best Coast- California Nights




Julia Holter- Have You in My Wilderness


.............................................................................
And then, there's the men...

Death Cab for Cutie- Kintsugi




Circa Survive- Descensus 




Puscifer- Money Shot




Sufjan Stevens- Carrie and Lowell




Father John Misty- I Love You, Honeybear




Kurt Vile- B'lieve I'm Going Down




Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly 




Chris Stapleton- Traveller




Jason Isbell- Something More Than Free




D'Angelo and the Vanguards- Black Messiah 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)