Concerts and Concerts. And more Concerts.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to check out Nikki Lane, a self-described Outlaw Country artist. The show was right down the street from my apartment, at Port City Music Hall, and only $10. Having never really heard her music, but intrigued, I decided to check her out. She did not disappoint. It was an awesome show, to say the least. She played for good solid hour.

I cannot find any of her setlists anywhere, so I'll just leave a few videos of her to check out.


.............................................................................
I also went to see Minus the Bear celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of my favorite albums, "Menos El Oso" at the Paradise in Boston a couple of weeks ago. Murder By Death was opening and played a good 40 minute set, even though I wish it could have been longer. And Aero Flynn (which is an old friend of Justin Vernon aka Bon Iver, and used to play in a band with him). It was a great night of music.

Minus the Bear's setlist:

  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Encore:
  16. Play Video


.............................................................................................
Then, I went to the Orpheum Theatre in Boston to see Maynard James Keenan in his other side project Puscifer. This was awesome! It had been about 3 years since I last saw Tool, so I was due for some MJK! And he did not disappoint.



  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Encore:
  19. Play Video
..................................................................................
And last week, I traveled down to Boston, well Cambridge, again, this time with a friend to see the band Matt Pond PA (whom I was introduced to thanks to their cover of Oasis' "Champagne Supernova" on The O.C. soundtrack back in like 2003. I had never seen Matt Pond PA before, but my friend Courtney has been a long-time fan and suggested I join her. I really enjoyed the set and recognized several of the songs, but definitely want to familiarize myself with the band's catalogue further after seeing them perform. It was a great show, and from the sounds of it, the band is probably going on an indefinite hiatus, because Courtney and I got to speak with him after the show- Courtney has used some of his lyrics as part of her art projects, so they've been communicating for several years- she's kind of a big deal! Regardless, it sounded like he was pretty much done with the music industry, for the time being, which is disappointing because he is one of those artists who should be bigger than they actually are. I haven't seen a setlist posted, but this looks rather close:

  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Encore:
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video



Laura Stevenson opened for the band and I was not familiar with her at all, but I enjoyed her set as well. I found her setlist.

  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)