Coeur de Pirate with Sophie Auster, Live in Boston. And finally, Modest Mouse in Portland!!

I've had Modest Mouse on my concert bucket list for at least 15 years now, ever since I found their albums while doing a radio show at Bates College, thanks to my sister. They've played several times in the Boston area, but I never got tickets. So, this time around, when I found out they were playing at the Civic Center in Portland (which is about a 5 minute walk for me), I had to go. They played an awesome set and I was so glad I finally saw them.


  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14.  Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Encore
  19. Play Video
  20. Play Video
  21. Play Video
  22. Play Video

Hop Along, an indie band from Philly, opened the show and were awesome, as well!


..................................................................................
Last Wednesday night I went down to Boston to see an amazing French-Canadian singer/pianist named Coeur De Pirate at Brighton Music Hall. This was my second time seeing her. The first time was at the Paradise maybe two years ago, and she had bronchitis and a wicked fever, but chose to still play her entire set. I thought she was good back then, so this time around, she could have only been better. And she was! She put on an amazing show, with a full band this time. She played quite a variety from her catalogue, but focused on her new album "Roses," which is fantastic.



  1. Play Video
  2. Play Video
  3. Play Video
  4. Play Video
  5. Play Video
  6. Play Video
  7. Play Video
  8. Play Video
  9. Play Video
  10. Play Video
  11. Play Video
  12. (Drake cover)
    Play Video
  13. Play Video
  14. Play Video
  15. Play Video
  16. Play Video
  17. Play Video
  18. Play Video
  19. Play Video
  20. Encore
Sophie Auster opened for her and I was absolutely blown away by her talent. What an amazing voice. She's the daughter of author Paul Auster but she's certainly making a name for herself. 



One cool thing, though, thanks to technology, I "tweeted" out to both ladies before and after the show, and they actually responded! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)