Taylor Swift in Concert (for the 3rd consecutive tour)!!!

I have seen Taylor Swift three times now. The first time was for her "Speak Now" tour in 2011 at Gillette Stadium. Then, I saw her for an incredible show on her "Red" tour in 2013. This year, she is touring behind her fantastic and quite poppy album, "1989." And I was definitely expected quite a spectacle of a show this time around because this album has a lot of dance and energy behind it. She did not disappoint. Haim opened for her, as well as Vance Joy (who was pretty awesome), but Haim really stole the opening slot show, although, I'm slightly biased because I love them and was extremely excited when I found out they were added to the show.


  1. (Fleetwood Mac cover)
  2. (Calvin Harris cover)
Last weekend, I went to see Taylor Swift in concert at Gillette Stadium, for the 3rd consecutive tour. I saw her for the first time for her "Speak Now" tour, because I apparently missed the boat for her first two albums (Taylor Swift and Fearless). I don't know, I must have been living under a rock, especially for her first album, because she apparently opened for Tim McGraw in Portland at the Civic Center, but I think back then I wouldn't have been caught dead at a country concert. My "standards" have lowered I guess, or I just don't care. I like what I like, and I LOVE Taylor Swift! She has put on an unbelievable show each of the three times I have seen her. It's a spectacle. And the lady is quite a performer, sans the dancing and such. Even with her most recent album, "1989" being a straight-up pop album, she didn't perform any choreographed dance routines (like Britney Spears), but she has always had back-up dancers, to add to the show.

It's been amazing to see Taylor Swift grow as an artist and performer, with her confidence. I remember seeing the video for her first song, "Tim McGraw" on the CMT channel back in like 2005 or 2006, when she first came out and I was just enamored with her. Their was something about her, maybe the long, curly, blonde hair and adorable/cute face, but also just her voice, that told me she was going to be a big star. I like to say I called it, and I have followed her from the very beginning. Supporting her music and her tours, one album, one tour at a time.


  1. (Walk the Moon cover) (with Walk the Moon)
  2. (contains an element of "Enchanted")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)