A Couple More Shows (Indie Acts Known as....Real Estate and Zella Day)

Last week, I got to see two concerts, since summer is in full swing for me, here in Portland! Last Tuesday, I went to Port City Music Hall to check out a small band named Real Estate, an indie rock band from New Jersey, with a sound reminiscent of the early '90s. Truth be told, I hadn't heard too much from this band before deciding to buy a ticket to their show (I listened to their newest album on Spotify and was pleased). The great thing about small shows like this is that the ticket was only $15. They certainly did not disappoint either. They sounded great.

................................................................................................
Wednesday night, I went back to Port City Music Hall. This time for a solo artist, named Zella Day. She's an indie musician from Arizona. This girl is only 20 years old and oh boy does she pack a powerful punch. She has such a powerful voice that commanded the room. This show was only $9 and I probably would've paid $20 to see her. I love seeing artists like her, before they are bigger than you know they'll get, and then charge way more money the next time around. Hell, I saw Haim at the Paradise in Boston for like $20 a couple of years ago, and now they are opening for Taylor Swift in July when I go to that show at Gillette Stadium. Anyway, Zella Day. Remember that name! She'll be a star soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)