April 1st- One Poem (Project)

It's April, which is National Poetry Month, and I just discovered something cool, like NaNoWriting (National Novel Writing in November, a project I've taken part in a couple times)- NaPoWriting, a project in which you attempt to one one poem each day of April. So, here it goes:

Fair Warning

Other girls have known their place
Among men
Willing to risk
Catching your disease
When they lay you down

Although, I, I couldn't be less convinces
Of your body
As a fallen temple
Stones have been placed
Among the wreckage

You, you are no lady
I'd lay my health on the line for
I'd rather dig a hole
To the middle of the Earth
Than be known as the boy
Whose last ride was a hearse

From one, lonely night
Spent with a local girl
From a local bar
A girl who spent more on the dress
Than her education

I took her to the beach
We got wet from the touch
And dried ourselves in the ocean

Went for a walk
Until we found ourselves at the pier
We looked out
At the tiny city made of ashes

You took my cash
An advanced payment for company

Am I such a lonely boy
To not heed others' fair warnings

Time can't erase
The mistakes I knew I was making
Case in point
Falling victim to your careful smile
And precise words
Everything about you
Brought me to my knees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)