Arctic Monkeys Show + Some More Poems

How foolish of me to forget the fact that I've been writing about concerts I go to and completely pass over the fact that I saw a great British band at the State Theatre a couple of weeks ago. The Arctic Monkeys have released 4 albums and with each one, they seem to be getting bigger and gaining more of an audience. They are all over the place, finally, here in the States. And they sold out the State Theatre in a mere few hours. I was happy to be able to get tickets for myself and my girlfriend (who apparently missed them the first time they came to Portland, a couple of years ago, because of another sellout). Well, this time, we were lucky. And it was an amazing show, filled with intense energy the entire time. Although, I have to admit to not really being fully aware of their expansive catalogue of songs, I was impressed with their stage presence and sound.



  1. 505 
    (with Miles Kane)
  2. Encore:
  3. (The Beatles cover) (with Miles Kane)

.......................................................................................................

"The Bank, The Loan Officer, and the Investment"

Heard some stories about-
Thoroughly warned about- 
Getting caught up with a girl like you 

Can't get past the look in your eyes
When you look at me the way
You always do
You always get what you want
When you tell me what you want 
And I know that you want it
So I give you all that I am
And all that I have

Now I am bankrupt on emotion
Hurt from my own terms
Of endearment, which I loaned to you 
On the trusted idea of getting interest from you 
For who I am 
The man I claimed to be
Was never what you wanted
Although you thought you knew what you wanted

Now the investment hasn't paid off
And I'd rather pay you off
Then continue the empty investment
Of loving you 
Which has brought me no return
Except a yard sale of emotions
And my rented table is vacant
Like the stare that you gave me
When I said, 
"But, I love you." 


"Play These Notes In Descending Order"

Just how bad is the cancer
Inside a heart
Turned blacker
Than the coals in the pit
Before you set them on fire
To heat this lonely room
Where we once were
In the bed
Where the fire spread

Just how bad could heartbreak be
When the heart still beats 
In time, to the metronome
Set to keep time, in line,
With the musical notes
Played in a softer tone
A tune to convey misery felt
As I sing out your name
But get no reply 

And when our song is played in reverse
I can get the feeling
Of you leaving me right

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)