Poetry Break

I've been slowly working on some others writings, besides this blog. Here's yet another draft of a poem.

Swimming
(A Harsh Reality) 
By: Sean Moore

Swimming in the sea
Bound to drown

When I stop to breathe
Water rushes in past my cheeks

Sends me under
Once
Twice

The sinking sensation satiates
As panic sets in

Thoughts of us
Like a life-vest full of sand
No longer soothe

The truth pummels me
Like a wave
Safety is miles away

Sea salt licks my wound
Like an open flame to the night

I surrender to
The flowing current
And the force of the undertow
Like a floodgate opened on a famished city

Water fills my lungs
And I am done fighting
It's useless
As the perfect storm
Delivers me to the bottom of
This darkened sea
Love has capsized me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)