Sunday Morning Poetry

To Feel the Pain of Love
Written By: Sean Moore

The rule of jealousy
Holds true in the game of love
No matter how hard you try
No matter what you tell yourself

That you won’t think about her
When she’s not with you
And then

You know
Somehow
That she’s with someone
Better than you, now

The self-righteousness
Will kill you
From the inside

It’ll drive you mad
Until you can’t bear the pain
Of love

I used to believe
In this thing called love
Better yet, the idea of love
Really had me
Hook, line, and sinker

As my guilt-ridden heart
Got caught up in the attention
And I got a glimpse of the future
Of who you really are
I know that I can’t live without your eyes
Your smile
Your heart
Your body…Next to mine

The pain and the sorrow
How sick it makes me
Now I know the truth
And if knowing you
Is wrong
Then I don’t want to be right

Separate
The feeling of you versus me
Separate
This pain inside of me
Separate
And make me complete

The rule of jealousy
Leaves me feeling
Better dead than alive and alone
Anything that helps me
Deal with the pain
Of knowing the truth

It was you
Your touch on my skin
The taste of your salted lips
On my parched lips
Your breath
On the nape of my neck

You make me feel alive
When you let me come inside

As you emerged from the ocean
And I’d finally gotten dry
I thought I couldn’t possibly
Put myself through it one more time
No matter how good it feels to be inside
Leave me. Or
Love me
It doesn’t matter to me
I’m gone
For good this time

I’ll leave it up to you
I’m not heading back this time
Your smile creates parallel lines
I want to be caught inside
Are you too far this time
I can see the distance in your eyes
Now
So what’s that say about me
And
What’s that say about you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)