Something to Say

This Year’s Past Mistake

Is this too hard for you to discover
I can’t be
Yesterday’s news
A castaway lover
That you brag about
To all your friends

Go ahead
Tell all your friends
Pass my number back and forth
I know you’ll be the subject of conversation
Amongst my friends
Because it doesn’t hurt to brag
Or to be selfish
I want to bask in the glory
Of taking you to bed with me

Don’t you wish to let the ties bind
Sorry, my love is anything but color-blind
My eyes do strain
To glance at you from so faraway

And next summer
I’ll see you
And you’ll see me
Do we avoid
Will it be strange
Do we pay attention
Play pretend
Or pull the trigger

You said you’d kill me
If I desert you ever again

You said you had so much love to give
So I write this plea on an empty page
And wish it to be my last disgrace

It all seems so surreal
You,
Here with me
I can touch your quivering lips
Gently
With my fingertips
What’s the price
I’ll pay
Anything
I’ll even listen to ever word
That finds its way to the tip of your bitter tongue
If it means
We can do this all over again

I’ve fallen prey
I guess it’s safe to say
To you
And this beautiful sin
We find ourselves wrapped up in
When you say, “Yes”
My body can’t say “No”

Underneath the moon’s light
You dance with me
So seductively
So pretty and petite
You could break in my hands
So fragile
So weak

I’d serve you on a silver platter
If it’s pleasure you desire
I’ll light the fire
If you provide the matches

Oh, your delicate nectar
Sweet like a flower
Ready for pollination
Let me smell you
Take you in

This is hard
This is sweet
Whenever we do meet
I lose all sense of time
When you enrapture me
Capture me
Take me, I’ll buy the bride

Loss of feeling
Pain is love
Truth is beauty
Deception is real
You are not me
I am not you

No matter what the consequences of my actions bring
I’ll take the minor infraction as it shall be
If it means the night with you
Better spent on both our knees

“Can I see you again?”

“In due time, darling.”

Until that fateful day
When I don’t have to watch you walk away
Keep your eyes sparkling
Keep your ears to the ground
To hear our train a-coming
If for nothing else
But the memory of you
And me
Inside you
Taking you as my new bride
With such precision
With such pride

Oh no, it was all a lie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)