Poem

Weekend Visits and Corsages for a Dress Rehearsal

When your head collapsed on my shoulder
As I drove us home
I felt your fingers grasp my arm
And heard you breathe softly
As I sang along to the music
That played softly from the stereo

Palm of my hand to your cheek
Our breathing becoming in sync
A smile forms across my lips
A desire I can no longer hide
I fight the urge to pull over
If only you didn’t have to be home by ten of eleven

Your cheek, so flushed and pink
Your tired eyes fighting off sleep

Cherries blossom
On the side of the road
And in the passenger’s seat
With my hand between your warm thighs
Your words from the night before
Still ring in my ears
When you said, “You mean the world to me”

I want to share more than my bed with you
I want to share the moments of a lifetime
If we can wrap them up into these evenings

Although I have no answer to your question
I know you make me want to live so much longer
If living longer means living it with you
I want to feel the way it feels
To know that nothing else matters
You are the only thing in this world
When I look into your eyes
And know that I could die happy

In a world seeming to fall apart
Our love will keep us together
When we shed what is left from a day spent together
Words are said
But only the looks in our eyes tell the truth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)