Poetry Send Off

"Remember That Song By That Band We Both Liked"

I want to get lost
Between the white space
Of your shadow and the pillow
Or
The creases of the pages
You turn with a delicacy
Only another author would appreciate
Between the tips of your fingers
That hold
The true identification of who you are
Found on the surface of
Your fingerprints
When pressed and imbedded in the ink
Which drenches the map
Of the creases of your skin
I long to find myself within
Held in a warm embrace
Or lost within the cave of a warmer place
Your slender arms claim heavy
As if they regret ever moving
From their once better lover's face
To my body
And your long, never-ending legs
Don't seem to move
But a single inch at a time
Like a draw bridge
Extending an invitation

Your eyes say what your mouth wants to
And I fight every urge
Every instinct
Instead I play the role of your protector
Come and gone
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A DIFFERENT VERSION OF THE SAME SHIT

I want to get lost
Between the white space
Of your shadow and the pillow

As you lay beside me in time
Listen to the white noise
As our loves melody plays credits

Everlasting words, repeated
Over a chorus of trees
Swaying in the breeze, outside the window, please

To be the edges of pages
You grasp and turn
With such delicacy between the tips of your fingers

The identification of you
Found on the surface of
Your fingerprints

Pressed in ink
That drenches the map
Of the creases of your skin

I long to be within
Held in a warm embrace
Or lost in the cave of a warmer place

Legs so long, thin, and never-ending
Move but once inch, at a time
Like a drawbridge, extending an invitation

You say, "Come in"
I fight every urge, natural instinct
Rather play the role of your protector

It seems right
To lean in for a kiss
You act surprised

Like I've waited
Too long to be
The one who sweeps you off your feet

Steady as she goes
I come back
Heave with regret of knowing

The difference between
Lovers and actors
When the stage is all the grey matter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)