You Know What Time It Is

"The First in a Long Line of Lovers Laboured and Lost"

(Part of a project to use the words PUSH/FORTIFY)

Sometimes our love feels like a barricade
One of which
I wish to push
And pull
As a way to get closer to
The woman who shares my bed
But won't dare
Share her heart

Why must love be such a barricade
Like we are two conflicting countries
Whose armies are left
To fortify
Conquer and divide
Set the band in motion
Because I'm coming in
Marching
Two by two by two by two
Full speed ahead
Not at half-mast
You'll feel dead, instead

When I wrap you up in bedsheets
Conquered and divided
Your lengthy legs
As the precipice to my survival
Only gonna whet my appetite
And I will devour
And drink you like a fine wine
In the basement, in the cellar
Put away and left to age
Gracefully
You, you are divine

And here I am
Hammer in hand
Ready to break this barricade
You built as a defense
Against falling in love with the likes of me
Little did you know
The surprise I had in store
For you
Love is...so much more

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)