Poetry Rocks

"Last Stop: Calgary"

I will only board this train
With you on board

If it promises to stop
When I tell it to
When I ring the bell

Can we make a pit-stop
At my house
Where I left a change of clothes
And you
You left me for him

How about a change of heart
You know what they say
"Love, love will tear us apart"

But it was in loving you
That I found who I was
But it was in who I am
That you found the problem

Saying,
I lacked the potential
Of being marriage-material
And you could never see yourself
With the likes of me
Or was it just
That you couldn't see yourself with me
For the long-term

Now's the time
For a mid-term abortion
Of this relationship

I want to buck the new trend
And follow in your footsteps
To the end
To the end
Of this long and winding road
Or at least to the bend

When you have tipped the scale
And I bow my head
To regret
To repent
All sins I committed in your name
In the name of love
In defeat
Of the sick, sad, pathetic little game

I'll be damned
To walk along this empty street
At night, all alone
Without your hand to hold on to
Without your eyes to guide me

Baby, light my way
Baby, light my way

Don't, don't be afraid
Love, love is on the way

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)