I'm on Fire, For You

"Baby, You're a Blur and I Want Corrective Eye Surgery"

Are you feeling gluttonous, my dear?
Hungry for your next scheduled meal, are we?
I am plump, ripe, and oh so ready
For you to devour
Me
Is your appetite ever-growing
Increasing with the speed
Of a bullet leaving its chamber
Heading straight for this heart

Will you be devouring me?

Instead, I feel as if I am caught up
In a hail-storm of revelry
Where our love and desire
Is nothing but an instigated rivalry
Of who can catch the most (fish?)
Set up by a family
With no hope to get along
As a plague has been put upon
Both our houses
At sea
You
And
Me

I stand, caught off guard
And post-mark your appeal
To the judge's decision
To stay our execution
For one more day
Because I'd rather die beside you
Than wake another morning
Without your face
Without your hands
Touching mine
Touching your skin
Let
Me
In

I will shed these clothes
And lose the blanket
Covered in the comfort of your skin
And bathing in the basking glow
Of your golden skin
When the sun hits it
Just right

But all this
Is simply just a wish
Much like a disease
A plague on my mind
For I'll never have you
Like the boys before
Whose pictures line up
In rows
On the notches
Attached to your ever-growing
Bedpost

I'll settle for the dream
Of you and me
Of unrequited love and affection
It seems easier to play
The movie in my mind
Of me and you
Of all that we could be
Than to face the reality of
"Never you and me"

If I were to ever utter those three words
It'd hurt too much
To let them hang in the air
Without a returning gesture
Of equal or more measure
What is love, besides a carnal pleasure
We give out
Some more easily than others
In order to receive
What we think we deserve in return

Are we not all selfish little whores?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)