YIELD

"Sometimes a Four-Leaf Clover Isn't Lucky"

I want to be
Where the shadow
Meets your feet
When you walk away from me
On an empty street
Caught between the cracks in the space
Where the double-yellow lines never meet
An intersecting pattern-against-user's defeat
A relationship on command in parallel alleles

Weighing heavy on a mind
Such as mine
A recorded last conversation left on repeat
To remind the conscious self
This was never meant to be
Synapse to synapse
In dire need to a release
But as shadows are forever linked
To the object of their obsession
So am I, forever linked to
The woman I find myself recounting
The days spent lurking behind
In a backwards pattern of a number sequence
Only an intricate computer could begin to analyze

Lather-Rinse-Repeat
Water cleanses my sense of defeat

Talk to me as if I was just a child
I only wish my life were as easy/mild
Maybe then, love would set ablaze in the wild

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Three Blockbusters- 2 Worth Seeing, 1 Total Disappointment

Best Albums of 2022