Poetry For All Who Need a Fix

Summer Hints

She spreads herself
So thin, wide-open
Begging onlookers to "come in"
Her legs like mountains
Whereupon a successful climb
Will be justly rewarded
With entrance to her otherwise forbidden cave
And oh yet, the treasures to be found

Her teeth leave sharp marks
Scars to be reminders
Of the fun we had
The night I decided to lose inhibitions
And throw caution out the window
And not just to the wind
"Once more and to the breach my dear"

I played your willing, bloodied cadaver
The patient to your doctor
Who upon the successful treatment
Was experimented on
We learned each other's bodies
Through trial and error

I've made mistakes before
With girls of less experience
You don't seem to mind, though
As you take over the reigns
I just gather up the courage
To look you in the eyes
Taking full advantage of
Being taken advantage of

That's my curse
My weakness has always been a girl
With eyes so dark and deep, blue
And a smile so inviting
I fall for each word (a lie)
Hooked and sunk
Like a capsized boat
In an ocean of chaos and love

I recall the Coast Guard
Claiming no responsibility for my actions
All my own
Or the subsequent accident
Leaving me to fend for myself
When girls like you
Know my ability to find shore
Grows weaker with each touch of a jilted whore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Three Blockbusters- 2 Worth Seeing, 1 Total Disappointment

Best Albums of 2022