Poems Make Me Emo?

"I Stole the First Line..."

Your love is the size of
The tumor inside of
The cave of my chest

Your love is the size of
The bed that is
Empty and rests on its side
On the curb in the
Alley adjacent to my building

Your love is the size of
The body of water
Which I Christ myself at
And walk upon to
Make it to the other side
Where I'd find you
If I only knew
You'd be there to greet
Upon my arrival in bare feet

Your love is the size of
The weeds that grow in
The vacant field
Next to the house
We used to live in
So content and in love, once

So I ask, humbly, now
Where is the size of your love
Once the darkness has come

Do you cast it aside
Or will you cast a light out
To catch me coming back

Your love is the size of
This white blank page
I release a plea upon
But when the ink sets and dries
I'll still be here
Sitting at a desk
When you're off doing
God only knows what...or who

I'm afraid you don't feel any remorse
For the words we said
And the way we left it

Your love is the size of
The open mouth which
These words spill from

So how will you close it
And this gap
From me to you
With a kiss, perhaps

Am I just that weak enough
To forgive through parched lips
All your sins committed
On bended knees

I will play Christ again
Up on my cross
For all to bear
This crown of thorns
You placed upon my head
Is finally digging in

I will martyr myself
If for just one more night
With the Mary Magdalene of my dreams

The one who washed her hair
At my feet
Whose tears were shed
When I bleed
From the spear she threw
As it torn my flesh, wide open
Exposed for all to see

Is this metaphor
All too real
For you to grin and bear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Three Blockbusters- 2 Worth Seeing, 1 Total Disappointment

Best Albums of 2022