A Poem. For You. If You Want It.

"A Plea for Misogyny"

I want to do something important
Not for the self
But rather for the selves
Set forth in a universe
Too big to conceive
Like when God gave birth to Earth

Trees burst from the ground
The sky opened her mouth
And spit out the seas and oceans

Birds set to flight in the air
Underneath the spread wings

That's what I wish for me
To find a purpose
To share the joys
As well as the disease
Of never knowing
Just how little we all know
Of the birds, bees
The dirt and the trees
Water, air, seas,
And all the in-betweens

Days like these are long
And lead to reprieve
Or contemplation

The nights are even harder to take
When taken alone
The table set for one
Looks so pathetic
From my constant stance of being
On my knees

Especially when the truth is shown
That I have known
The comfort
Of one's body next to mine
As we blanket each other
And our bodies become the only warmth
We have ever seemed to have known
On a cold winter's night
The whites of our eyes
The only light

What is this life worth
To those who wait
Is love worth the waiting for
Or is it just another game
Where I wait for my turn, eternally,

An approach to take,
A plan I know nothing of
Where do I begin
Where you end
Upstairs, in my bed
If not for a lifetime
How about just for tonight
I'll say the right words
If the right words could ever come to mind
But you, you don't seem to mind
Waiting, in line,
At the end of a long list of traders
All marked with scars of "true love"
Dissolved
We all have our scars
Some bear them better than others
Some, still, though, hide them well
But aren't we better for the knowledge of
What never could have been
Than for what is and what was
For it's better to have lived, loved and lost
Than to have nothing at all

Life is the journey
Love is the companion's guide
Which a user's manual is never provided for
Much as life is a roll of the dice
Such is love,
She once said to me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Three Blockbusters- 2 Worth Seeing, 1 Total Disappointment

Best Albums of 2022