I'll Keep Writing. If You Keep Reading.

"I Knew You Better From the Back of Your Head"

The anticipation of undress
Leaves my heart in duress

Standing inches apart
If my heart were a vessel
You'd surely have no escape

Breathing becomes so shallow
Yet deep, filled with desire
For each other's bodies

Your hair remains
Tied back
Revealing your ears to me

I am reaching for the straps
On your shoulders
Set slowly to release them
From their stage

You breathe
A sigh of relief

And your eyes beg
To release you from your clothes' restraints

I appease
Ever the gentleman
I pretend to be
I do it with the greatest of ease
As if my only duty now is to please
You. I am the man
Who'll bring you to your knees

The light reflects
Off your golden hair
And rests upon the crests
Of your breasts

I've never wanted a girl
As much as I want you
In this, the perfect moment
Between you and me and a promise

When the crescendo of our song
Hits its final note
I am yours. You are mine.
Together, our bodies entwine

Tied and tangle up, in you
Is when I'm at my best
And the worst of this life
Disappears. Dissipates.
With each glance
From your ocean-clue eyes
As you look into mine
Just in time
To know what I'm thinking

This bed
Becomes our hurricane's disaster
And I'll hold you
Cover you
As the waters rise and deepen

We'll be safe
Underneath the sheets
Nothing beats
The heat that our bodies create
To stay warm
Through a winter's blizzard
Outside our walls and windows

I'll be your co-pilot
When the plane goes down
I'll always be around
That's me and a promise
You can keep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Three Blockbusters- 2 Worth Seeing, 1 Total Disappointment

Best Albums of 2022