This Wallflower Has Been Picked From Out of the Corner

I want to hold. And be held in return.

I moved from Lewiston after 10 years of living on my own, in my own apartment, feeling like that well had run dry in so many metaphorical aspects. Not to belittle Lewiston, I mean, it is my hometown, and I know there are great people there-- but in terms of finding "someone" to be with and share the aforementioned statement...No thank you. Not much for choices.

Portland on the other hand. It seems everywhere I look-- and I look around A LOT-- there are beautiful girls/women/ladies.
I was out last night, again. I know I know, people that know me are thinking "what a complete 360 this dude has done in the past 2 weeks!" Well, perhaps it's true. Or perhaps it's the fact that there are so many more options in Portland and I just want to get the fuck out. I don't want to be hanging out in my apartment all the time. This is a conscience change for me, alhtough I do still enjoy "me" time. I want to explore. I want to meet people-- well, girls. Let's be honest, right? And why the hell not, I mean I'm a pretty awesome person, if I do say so myself. And I do. It's about time I share the wealth of ME with the rest of the world.
I was out at Amigo's with my friend Leigh, again, seeing my buddy's band play. Soon, I bet I could get up there and sing the songs, they've become so familiar. Anyway, I was talking to Eric before the show and he mentioned that Tom (another '00 St. Dom's grad) would probably be stopping by. He did. And we caught up, talked for awhile and then he came to hang out with Leigh and I and her friends. And in our conversational catching up, Tom mentioned how being single around here is like a fucking gold mine. And he said I better be taking advantage of it. We both looked around just this bar, and it's completely true. I don't know what it is, but Portland seems to be an overlooked, undiscovered by the masses gem of a city. I love it.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain one of the girls in our group last night took a particular shine to me, because she did the ultimate tester this morning (messaging and friend-ing me on Facebook-- I mean, she had to take the time to find me on there, go through the 2-3 degrees of separation). Not bad, I think, for a guy who just never picks up on subtle flirtation and often lets "moments" pass him by without making "the move" to solidify the deal. In a few words, I suck when comes to girls, hitting on them, flirting in general, and "closing the deal."

Here's to a counter-revolution of dating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)