Run-Ins and Outs of Portland

Here's my synopsis of my first First Friday LIVING in Portland (yes, I've done it before, but it was more of a hit-and-run kind of thing).
So, I've been talking to a girl I met online (sure, I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed, because I'm just not the kind of person to go out to bars or what-have-you social-scene places and just randomly talk to people---- but if they talk to me first, sure, I'll engage in conversation). The same girl I went to Local Sprouts with the other night, so I'm doing well, 2nd date-ish, sort of. We met up an hour into First Friday outside of MECA and the night officially began. So, I met quite a few of her friends throughout the night as our group started as a threesome and quickly grew to 3-4-5. All really cool people. I was in a good element, frame-of-mind, telling a few one-line jokes, attempting to sound intelligent interpreting art pieces, conversing, listening, etc.

We were at SPACE, discussing a few of the drawings and this women tapped me on the shoulder and said, "don't move, I'm taking a picture of your shirt."
(it's a Pearl Jam, go figure, shirt that says 9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons to guns--- very political shirt, I suppose). So, I said, all right, but have you seen the front (which has a picture of a little girl with crayons and a gun spread out in front of her-- what can I say, I like to make a statement). The woman said, "oh, that is too perfect. I have two boys at home and I just love this shirt." Christ, I thought she was going to offer me money for it right there and I would spend the rest of the night shirtless!

Saw this movie today and it's AWESOME:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8rslIZV85U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)