Forget Me Nots

Oh yeah, also, I have a tendency to hang out at Panera Bread to use their WIFI, it's free and I'm cheap. I've yet to purchase internet or cable at my apartment and I really don't want to. Plus, I love people watching, so going there is great. I sit in the corner and watch the people come and go (and I must say, attractive women/girls tend to frequent this place often).

Well, I was hanging out there today again and Brian Yocono from Channel 6 came in. We have a "history" that goes back from last year. I was featured in the Sun Journal last year for a project I did with my 1st grade class and he had recognized me at the gym (we both went to Planet Fitness) from being in the newspaper. At the time, I honestly was not sure if he really was the guy from the News, so I didn't say anything, and honestly I was too busy deflated my head from being "recognized"-- when really I should be used to it by now. I mean, I carry LEGENDARY status around Lewiston/Auburn (and I'm working on building up that status in Portland now). So, I felt bad, because he probably wanted an ego-boost just as much as I did.
Anyway, we saw each other often at the gym and would do the passing "hello" or head nod, small-talk, what-have-you.
Well, tonight in Panera Bread, he saw me again. And finally I said, "You're Brian, right. My friend Vanessa went to high school with you and I feel bad, because she said "hello" like months ago, but I'm horrible about that stuff."
And so, the chit-chat continued and he passed his business card (have to get myself one of those, but what to put on it????!!!) and said, "if you have any other class projects give me a call."

So, basically, you might find me and/or my class on the news in the future. Be on the lookout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Great Films, and more to Pass the Time

Best Albums of 2022

Best Albums of 2020 (The Year that Almost Wasn't, if it Wasn't for Music Saving Us All)